Sunday, April 2, 2023

AR Idol

 

(1.5-minute read) 

Thoughts and prayer

Assault Rifle that hangeth upon the wall hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come thy will be done in schools and across the land.  Give us this day our 30 round magazines, handguns and camowear.  Let no one pass a law that would take you from us and punish those that try.  Deliver us from violent streets that we created for thine is the kingdom, and the power , and the glory, for ever and ever. 

Amen!

Sacred priorities

            First and foremost, guns are sacred to Neo-Republican Fascists and Legacy Republicans alike.  Guns.  They love guns. All kinds of guns.  Especially Assault Rifles (ARs).  They hang guns on walls.  They play dress up with their guns.  They write laws to protect guns.  Not kids.  Guns.  Guns are precious in their sight.

There isn’t anything different about the most recent school shooting or the next one that will sway them any more than all the other school shootings where even more kids were killed.[1]  The numbers are too small for them.  Neo Republican Fascists sacrificed a few hundred thousand people including children in order to skip wearing masks, avoid vaccines and be able to dictate their own medical care by taking horse dewormer.  Think they’re going to change gun laws and lose their MAGA base over 600 casualties including a couple of hundred dead, even though most are underage kids?[2]

Hardly.

A closing psalm

The NRA is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 The NRA enableth me to lie down in green pastures, my Assault Rifle beside me: 

3 My Assault Rifle makes me feared:  it lets me go wherever I want to enforce my justice.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for my Assault Rifle art with me; my 30 round magazine and handgun they comfort me.

5 The NRA preparest my weapons before me for my enemies to see: 

6 Surely slaughter and retribution will follow me as long as I have my AR:  and I will be feared by all

forever.


[1] https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/school-shooting-tracker-n969951#year=2022

[2] https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/interactive/school-shootings-database/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please avoid name calling, personal and/or abusive language. In other words be civil. We need a lot more of that these days. Try and confine your comments to the topic of the post.